Sunday, April 23, 2006

Moanalua Valley Trail

I went hiking today 04/22/2006 in Moanalua Valley.

Last weekend I hiked there also with Chloe and Lucy. They did pretty well on the mile out then we turned around and they complained a little about being tired. I wouldn't let them slow down or rest because it was getting dark and I was afraid the car was going to get locked in the park's parking lot. Chloe said maybe when she is 7 or 8 or 18 she will be ready to hike with me again.

So today I hiked by myself and went much farther. I think I went 3 miles back. I kept going farther and farther looking for an old burnt down house I read about but never saw it. I didn't bring any water and was feeling dehydrated. So I decided to turn back. It was mildly raining on and off so I caught some rain drops in my mouth. It started to rain hard so I hit under a palm leaf then drank some water coming off the palm leaf. That is the last time I will hike without water. I wanted to pack light so I only brought the car key, credit card, and accidently the cell phone. I meant to bring a small bottle of juice but forgot it.

The phone ended up being pretty useful. I took lots of pictures with it.

The path is along a river. I had to cross 6 bridges over the river then there were no more bridges. So I had to throw rocks in and jump across another 8 river crossings (one way). My work shoes suddenly turned into my hiking shoes. Tomorrow I should be picking up some new work shoes.

No comments: